I might be all about the pumpkin right now, but there is definitely something that caramel does to my taste buds that remind me of the changing temps (well one can hope, right?). Cookies in general are already a huge weakness for me and my growing baby bump, but throw in some caramel and a dash of salt and I'll eat the whole batch.
When I'm craving cookies I generally run to Target and grab some cookie dough from my good friend Tollhouse. On this particular night, my hubs was at a softball game and I needed cookies. After Bennett was in bed, I put together this cookie dough recipe and I put some away for me and quickly packaged some up for hubs to take to work. It made I believe 3 dozen and no one (not even this pregnant mama) needs to eat 3 dozen cookies.
This will definitely be my go to recipe for all cookies produced in our household going forward. I'm not sure what I did totally different from previous times except that delicious caramel sauce being added, but these cookies are literally cooked to perfection. They were gooey inside and a perfectly crisp brown on the outside, it made them hard to resist--and I actually regretted sending them with my hubs to work the next day! By the way, 2 dozen were gone before 10AM--umm I'm guessing they don't eat breakfast?
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 c. Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 sticks Butter
1/2 c. Sugar
1. c Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 c. Caramel Sauce
1 1/2 c. Chocolate Chips (plus a few extra)
Sprinkle of Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar. After combined, add in the egg, vanilla, and caramel sauce.
4. Gradually add in the flour mixture to the batter.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop heaping spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Press a few chocolate chips into the top of each one.
7. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with salt and let cool for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
8. Enjoy--try not to eat all of them!
Pin me pretty please!
*We work super hard to bring you quality information. In certain cases, a post may be sponsored or an item reviewed may have been received in exchange for a 100% honest opinion from the reviewer. Affiliate links may be present. We only choose to work with companies we believe in and value.